30.7.11

So Long, Farewell

Tomorrow, we pack. Ladybug to the grandparents, Lightning bug (our foster daughter) to our friend's R and LC, Pugbug will be packing to visit Uncle Frank, and Lovebug and I will be packing for a few days visit to Duke University Medical B&B. I will hopefully have some stomach issues resolved with a gallbladder removal and two other procedures in my stomach. I am not looking forward to being away from my girls, sleeping in a single bed, and taking medications that make me sick to my stomach. But I am thankful for what this stay represents.


TWO YEARS and SEVEN MONTHS since my last overnight stay in a hospital!

Wow, over TWO years!

Let's just say, It has been over TWENTY YEARS since that last happened.

Ever since I was 8 years old, I have been a patient at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and then at Duke for at least a 2 week stay each year. The hospital became my second home. But not any more. It is such a nice blessing, to enjoy and appreciate this moment of being free for so long and not needing medical treatment overnight in a hospital facility. It will be weird going back. I may not remember what to pack. I know for sure: a fan, my own toiletries, my computer, something to read, a blanket. But what else am I missing? Clothes, yes. Because I have always refused to wear the hospital gowns. Except when I was in the ICU setting. I need to partner up with someone, and come up with some tasteful gown-wear. Pictures, yes. So I can show all the awesome staff at Duke how far Gwyn has come from her 1 pound, 6 ounce preemie cute self.

Thank you all for your prayers for this surgery. Lovebug and I will now, live and love each other gallbladderless. Sounds so romantic. It's nice to share something medical in common. We can compare scars. Perhaps, I should mention to Ladybug's surgeon next month about our family's inheritance of gallbladder issues. Yes. Ladybug is scheduled to have ear tube surgery #2, and eye muscle surgery #3 on September 2nd. Please be in prayer for her also. We would all appreciate it. Our medical journey seems never ending.

The end.

6 comments:

  1. I really hope and pray that your surgery goes well. I can fully relate to stomach issues as I've had unexplained nausea daily for almost 3 years! Your family is so cute and I wish for the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and blessed, as always, by what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super late on this since surgery has come and gone (and Im glad you're doing well!), AND I also hope you have no need for a hospital gown in the future.

    But, if you do.. there are cute ones out there! A lot can be use while pregnant, but also when not pregnant, too. Just thought I'd pass along the links. I've never used one, but if we are lucky enough to have another baby, I'd love to get one!

    http://www.hotmamagowns.com/shop/

    http://www.dearjohnnies.com/shop/

    http://babybeminematernity.3dcartstores.com/Delivery-Gowns_c_9.html

    ReplyDelete