18.1.11

lessons of love


Tonight, I was greatly encouraged. Our foster child has been such a blessing to us. God is teaching us so much through her. Tonight, it was a simple lesson about prayer.

After praying for over a month now for our foster daughter's pets to be happy, safe and sound; her prayers have been answered. A lady who recognized her today, at the ymca, told her she has been giving her cats treats and soft cat food almost every day.

God does care about our every heart's desire. This reminds me of God's promise in:

Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

God cares about the beautiful life and living things he made on the first several days of creation. But He saved His best and most favorite part of creation for last. He made man and woman. And how much more valuable are we in His eyes, than all of the rest of his beautiful works of art?

*This exquisite picture above was taken by the talented Ray Matthews. This scene of flying gulls is one of my favorites, and was given to us as a wedding present from his family. It hangs proudly in our home. These birds of air will forever remind me of this moment of answered prayer.

3 comments:

  1. I love this and am so thankful He cares so much for all of His creation. I am a cat lover and this just warmed my heart. I love your new blog and I am your first follower. How did I get so lucky:) Love you guys Trish and love watching your beautiful family grow. You are a blessing to this little girl in your care.

    Love and Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I saw Ray, I asked him about the photo. He told me he actually took it about 25-30 years ago on the ferry to Ocracoke. Just got a bit lucky with the sun and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, I don't know if you'll remember or not, but almost a year ago I stalked...um, introduced myself to you at Duke (I was the enormous pregnant lady). My grandmother was getting pre-op pulmonary stuff and you were there for a check up, I believe.

    At any rate, you shared with me that you wanted to foster at some point (since I had shared w/ you that two of our 6 children were adopted from foster care).

    I am so thrilled that your family is able to share your life with the precious children in our county.

    Blessings to you!

    Jessica Beaver

    ReplyDelete